Author’s Note: Scroll down for English version
首先这个公式仅仅是一个估测模型 - 意味着它在任何情况下都不能作为真实世界的任何参考，但我觉得在直觉上，我可以用这个模型分析整个世界的运作模式。
和 是指第一年的工作时间和娱乐时间， 是指第一年的消费
I suddenly thought of this question when I was reviewing macroeconomics today. In macroeconomics, a person’s salary depends on
refers to the length of schooling
First of all this formula is only a model for estimation - meaning it cannot be used as any reference to the real world under any circumstances, but I feel that intuitively, I can use this model to analyze the working mode of the whole world.
But before we get started, I need to be careful to point out that this introductory economics class I took made the following assumptions about markets:
- There is no information gap in the market, which means that your ability points are completely open and clearly visible.
- But in reality, employers need to assess potential employees first to confirm whether they are qualified for the job
- The growth of skill points is exponential
- I personally think that the growth of ability points is linear and then gradually flattened, whereas the growth of salary is exponential for ability points
- Moreover, the length of schooling and the ability points are not completely positively correlated with a coefficient of 1.0
- But anyhow, it is very difficult to make a reasonable model for this
- The bank has no quantitative limit on loans/deposits
In the case where these assumptions are established, assuming that a person can freely allocate his/her time (work/entertainment), then in order to maximize the his/her happiness, a completely rational person needs to do the following optimization problem:
- Maximize the happy(utility) function
and refer to the working time and entertainment time in the first year, and refers to the consumption in the first year
- Limit his/her spending to no more than what he/she can earn in his/her lifetime
- The shortfall of the current year can be borrowed
- The surplus of the current year can be saved
The solution to this problem is a very simple function, but I don’t want to write it here, because I think the solution to this problem should not be the focus of this article, but the meaning of the solution to this problem.
Since rational consumption maximizes this optimization problem, once irrational decision-making leads to decisions that is different from rational decision-making, it is almost certain that the happiness level of this person will decline. Another interpretation of this is that this person has wasted his innate resources. . Of course, the reason why this model can only be used as an amateur analysis is because no one can predict their own needs and happiness in advance, and people themselves are biased, so this model can only be used as a reference.
But no matter what, we still need to know more about ourselves and plan our consumption, salary, and asset investment in advance, so that we can be happier in our future life.